Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Abney Park Cemetery

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 9 Mar 2004 22:47

Hello, I have been on Abney Park Cemetery website, and I have found an ancestor on it. I noticed that they have a research service. Does anyone know what information you get if you pay for this? Lucia

Marcie

Marcie Report 10 Mar 2004 07:53

hi lucia i have gt grandparents in the cemetery, it seemed to give me all the info i needed i.e. dates names, row and plot number, without paying, can you mail them to see, it would be interesting to know, this is quite an important victorian site, it was pretty seedy a few years ago,but i believe has been revamped,keep in touch as i would be interested also marcie x

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 16 Mar 2004 18:19

I have visited Abney Park and found my great grandparents grave! It is now a nature reserve, but there are 'cemetary' staff on-site who are very helpful. I would recommend that you find their number and give them a ring as I am sure they would be only too pleased to give you details. It is a lovely setting, but some of it is obviously a bit wild. Well worth a trip in person if you are in London. Maz. XX