Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with Research beyond 1901

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 9 Mar 2004 10:20

I'm trying to find any living relatives of my grandparents after 1901 and living over here in Aussie its rather difficult. They seem to have frequented West Bromwich and Walsall, so far back to 1798, so I would (presume) that there will still be relatives living in that area - I just have to find them and make contact (LYCETT) Would anyone have any suggestions or tips that might help me along the track. I do know where to find some of the records but cannot get to them from here. i.e. St. Matthews, Walsall parish records, electoral rolls, death records etc. Anything would be gratefully appreciated Many thanks

Linda

Linda Report 10 Mar 2004 07:28

Many thanks Thelma. I have found the list. regards Lin

Victoria

Victoria Report 10 Mar 2004 10:35

Hi, I too am having trouble with trying to find records post-1901 in the Walsall area. I assume you probably have the address of the Local History Centre in Walsall, (Essex Street, Walsall, WS2 7AS Tel 01922721305 email [email protected]) they won't look things up for you but they will give you a list of people who will do it for you for a fee, I don't know if that is of any help to you. Also the Registry Office in Walsall have been very helpful to me in the past, even with only vague information such as a name and approximate year of birth they have supplied me with certificates, I think they cost me about £7 each, their address is Superintendent Registrar, Register Office, Civic Centre, Hatherton Road, Walsall, WS1 1TN, tel o1922 650000. Good luck! Vicki