Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family tree maker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

J

J Report 9 Mar 2004 00:32

Does anyone know how, in this program, you can arrange children to appear on the tree in order of birth when they have not been typed in in order?

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 9 Mar 2004 01:07

Hi Jennifer: In the FTM version that I have I just click on the people bar at the top of the page. There is then an option to sort children.

Keith

Keith Report 9 Mar 2004 01:12

Hi Jennifer, Click on "Help" in the Tool Bar; then click on "Search for Help on..." ; type "children" in the space; 7 options will be displayed; click on "moving" "rearranging" or "sorting" and the ful instructions will be shown. Hope that helps. Regards, Keith Foxley, Cairns, Australia

J

J Report 9 Mar 2004 07:42

thanks to both JP

Judy

Judy Report 9 Mar 2004 20:51

Theresa: I have several different family programs I use because each program has unique reports. I have found, with some experimenting, that I can import and export my tree into various different programs and the data works in both. So as not to mess up your original tree and all the work you've done make a copy of the original tree by using SAVE AS feature and renaming the copy a different name. You can then experiment with the copy of the tree to see if it works with other programs. This way your original is safe and intact if by importing/exporting changes anything while you're experimenting with other programs. Judy