Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Site Errors - Eliminating Most of Them

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Judy

Judy Report 8 Mar 2004 03:55

Directions below:

Janet

Janet Report 8 Mar 2004 13:48

Thanks for repeating your tips Judy, as new members won't have seen them before. Can I suggest that everyone either copies these to a file, or prints them out for future use? If you don't you'll wish you had, because you won't be able to find the thread again when you need it! Janet

Kim

Kim Report 8 Mar 2004 13:52

JUDY,a friend of mine cannot print off the internet (although can print from other programs), she keeps getting an error message about line 93 script error and she has tried many websites. Have you any tips? Thankyou KIM

Judy

Judy Report 8 Mar 2004 14:29

Kim: Not knowing the complete error message your friend is getting it's difficult to say right off hand what the problem may be. There are several things she could try though to see if she can correct the problem.....all things that need to be done anyway, so even if it doesn't correct the printing problem right off hand it won't be a waste of time.....all are routine maintenance jobs and any one of the routine jobs may be the fix he/she needs. 1. Download, install and run Adaware spyware removal. 2. Visit the Microsoft Windows Update site and download all CRITICAL UPDATES (this would include updating Internet Explorer), most RECOMMENDED UPDATES and all DRIVERS. 3. Empty both cookies and temp files. 4. Run Disk Clean Up. 5. Do a thorough Scan Disk with automatic error fix set. 6. Defrag. Judy

Kim

Kim Report 8 Mar 2004 14:44

Thankyou, JUDY. We have done the updates but I don't think she's done the other bits. will print out and advise. She says she's never been able to print from the web. Its always come up with a warning yellow triangle and line 1 script error no 93 and then a url address, this has been what is happening for a year!! KIM

Moira

Moira Report 8 Mar 2004 20:36

Hi Judy: thank you so much for all these wonderful tips. I've printed them off and keep all together in a Tips file. As I'm very new to computing and to genealogy, I find your detailed instructions so easy to follow. You're a marvel!

Judy

Judy Report 1 Apr 2004 07:36

Kim.....have your friend copy and paste the error, word for word, that she is getting into a Google search. Often you'll get an answer to what the error is and how to correct it.