Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Advice needed please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 7 Mar 2004 20:48

Hi All, could someone give me advice on looking for A Willaim Poole the 1881 census says he was born in Haverhill Suffolk this is the only thing I have found out about him plus his marriage in 1871 in Haverhill, I have looked for his birth but can't find it anywhere. would parish records help me to find out anything more about him thank you Margaret

Kevin

Kevin Report 7 Mar 2004 21:02

Gender: Male Birth Date: 17 Aug 1831 Christening Date: 25 Dec 1831 Recorded in: Haverhill, Suffolk, England Collection: BTs Father: George POOLE Mother: Maria Gender: Male Christening Date: 23 Oct 1856 Recorded in: Ipswich, Suffolk, England Collection: St Matthew; BTs Father: James POOLE Mother: Amelia These are for a William Poole in Suffolk from the Vital Records Index UK 2nd Edition

Janice

Janice Report 7 Mar 2004 21:27

From the 1891 census: William Poole head 41 silk weaver Mary Ann wife 41 Eliza dau 20 hair weaver Sarah dau 18 ____ weaver David son 16 silk weaver Mary Ann dau 14 Maria dau 11 scholar Harriett dau 9 scholar William son 7 scholar John A son 4 scholar Caroline Taylor niece 9 scholar 2 Downs Place, Haverhill, Suffolk

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 7 Mar 2004 21:32

Hi Kevin thank you if this is the one his age does not match anything I do have but prehaps he did not tell the truth Margaret

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 7 Mar 2004 21:36

Hi Janice, I am sorry but he was dead by the 1891 census because I found his wife Emma on that census then living in Edmonton thank you Margaret