Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death certificate 2003

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 7 Mar 2004 18:24

Does anyone know if it is possible to go to a record office and find a certificate for someone who died just over a year ago? Obviously this is not yet covered by 1837 online. Thanks Helen

Seasons

Seasons Report 7 Mar 2004 18:47

I assume you could if you go to the register office where it was registered. It probably hasn't reached St Catherines yet

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 7 Mar 2004 18:54

Hi Helen, no the 2003 deaths are not at london records office yet because my mother died it that year and there not up there yet. You will need the local office. Margaret

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 8 Mar 2004 14:54

Hi Julie and Margaret, Thank-you very much for helping me out. Sorry to hear about your Mother, Margaret. Helen