Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP,Births in Pontypridd,

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 7 Mar 2004 10:56

can anyone tell me where i can find Births in Pontypridd south Wales,please, thanks june

June

June Report 7 Mar 2004 11:04

June Have you tried FreeBMD (Births Marriages Deaths), to find the address click on Resource Centre on the left of the screen, then on the next screen, click on Useful Links (middle of the screen), the next screen gives you a list of useful sites, 2 of them that are free are - FreeBMD and Latter Day Saints. I hope I have been of help, June

June

June Report 7 Mar 2004 11:25

hi june yeah have tried both but noluck finding who i'm looking for, as birth was 1920 and both free bmd and lds don't gotothat date as yet, any advice would be great appreciated, thanks june

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 7 Mar 2004 12:00

Hi, There is a pay to view site 1837online or you could view the fiche in a records office, library or LDS centre. Hope this helps, Gwynne

June

June Report 7 Mar 2004 12:05

thanks forthe advic, only one problem with 1837online is you need a credit/debitcard,which i do not have, but thanks anyway, june

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 7 Mar 2004 14:00

Hello June If you type Genuki Wales full contents into search and then click on the top one in the list. It will take you to all the information about wales and where records are kept. I have just been looking myself. Shirley

Mystified

Mystified Report 7 Mar 2004 16:07

Try the GRO fiche at your local library. they are free. Unfortunately prob. not open today

Michelle

Michelle Report 7 Mar 2004 16:26

June, why don't you contact the Pontypridd Registry Office, they will hold the birth certificate there, if the person you are looking for was born in Pontypridd. I'll get the telephone number if you want it. M.

Debbie

Debbie Report 7 Mar 2004 18:48

JUNE, was in pontypridd registry office this week, have been a few times, they are not that friendly, they see to think that us historians, are the last on their list, waited over a hour in the queue, only to be told that i would have to wait as the miners claims and registering births and deaths were more important. asked to make an appointment with them only to be told again that they dont do that for us historians, havent come accross this in any of the other registry i go to. hope you have more luck than i did. deb

Michelle

Michelle Report 8 Mar 2004 07:25

I must say, Deb, I didn't get that reaction when I was there. They searched the certificates I asked for, admittedly they were not over friendly, but they did what I asked. Anyway, June if this is a help -Pontypridd Registry Office, Courthouse Street, Pontypridd, Mid Glamorgan. 01443 486869 and 01443 486870. M.