Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I need a Tip - Brentwood FH Fair on Sunday

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 6 Mar 2004 15:07

What is the address where it is happening? I just might turn up.

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 6 Mar 2004 15:51

Thanks Amanda

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 6 Mar 2004 20:19

A small adjustment to the directions from the previous message. It should be `MIDDLETON`HALL LANE.

Bob

Bob Report 6 Mar 2004 21:46

Go here: http://members.a*ol.*com/aquarterma/familyhistoryfairs.html delete the * and click "view our flyers..."

Julie,

Julie, Report 6 Mar 2004 22:36

Well, isn't this just the greatest site. I learnt about the fair here weeks ago and then forgot all about it. Logging on has reminded me just in time - it's just round the corner from me, you see. I feel I should invite you all round for cups of tea - hope to see you all there!

Lynn

Lynn Report 6 Mar 2004 23:41

May try to get there,but its the start of the grand prix. have to be there early as hubby drive's and he would want to watch it Lynn

Irene

Irene Report 7 Mar 2004 01:04

My hubby is getting up at 2am to watch it. Irene

BrianW

BrianW Report 7 Mar 2004 09:39

See if you can spot an anxious-looking fellow accompanied by a shorter woman, that'll be me. To find it go into the middle of Brentwood, out northwards towards Chelmsford and Middleton Hall Lane is the first on the right after the mini rouindabout, by the war memorial.

Julie,

Julie, Report 7 Mar 2004 20:37

Looked out for you Brian but 6' 3'' women with midget men were so thin on the gound that you merged into the crowd! Hope you enjoyed the event. I got lots of old maps, took them to the pub to show my friends and they all think I'm mad. I was the lady in big red boots and three pairs of spectacles on my head - you must have seen me!

BrianW

BrianW Report 7 Mar 2004 22:53

I got there about 1.15 and left about 3.30. Picked up a couple of census indexes, forms, charts and leaflets, and a book on Romford where I was brought up. Plus talked to Kent Society to see what records were available for Lympne 1780-1820 : very little without going back down to Kent ! Can't imagine what you do with 3 pairs of specs. LOL

Julie,

Julie, Report 8 Mar 2004 19:04

... one bi-focal pair of sun glasses for driving and sketching in the sunshine; one half moon pair for reading and peering over the top of when I want to look serious and a pair for seeing my computer. I used to have a reading pair but I dropped them in Bluewater and now I can't see to find the others, which are usually stacked on my head. That's probably why I didn't stop to say hello to you!!!