Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

just wanted to say thank you

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 5 Mar 2004 18:49

hi everyone when i started tracing my family tree only 4 weeks ago, i knew nothing of my fathers family, apart from his mum and dads names. Then i found GC, and in that short time i have got to my 3x great grandfather on my fathers mums side! which is amazing, never thought i would get so far so quick. Most of that is due to the wonderful help i have had from so many of you on the GC boards. You are all amazing at finding needles in haystacks! just wanted you all to know how much i appreciate your help! Julie x

Diane

Diane Report 5 Mar 2004 21:13

Hi Julie, I totally agree with you,I only started my tree recently,and with all the help and advice from everyone here,I have managed to get eight generations,But now the question is"where do I stop". Diane..

Sharon

Sharon Report 5 Mar 2004 21:31

Hi Julie I have only been doing this for a few months and it is nice to help someone else. I have had so much help from other people on this site it is nice to start giving something back. Take Care Sharon xx

Kim

Kim Report 5 Mar 2004 21:39

i'd like to echo what the others have said ,thank you everyone for all your help. KIM

Irene

Irene Report 6 Mar 2004 14:51

Where to stop, well when you get fed up with it, but if you are like the rest of us, that will be never, there is always that one you want to find. The sad part is we do have to go to bed. Otherwise we could do this all night. Have fun Irene