Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Father??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 3 Mar 2004 22:09

I am trying to find my Gt Grandmothers family. I know her maiden name - Needham, but her fathers details are missing from her marriage certificate and her age seems to vary depending on how she felt when the form was filled in! I have searched all the places I can think of but can't find a birth that fits. She was married by licence, would that have her fathers name on it? And where can I get a copy of it? Thanks, I am beginning to wonder if she really existed! Jan

Gen

Gen Report 3 Mar 2004 22:25

Jan, Can you give a christian name for your g grandmother and her married name, and a rough idea of the dates. Gen

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Mar 2004 22:36

Janet If the fathers details are missing then that usually indicates that the person was illegitimate. Margaret

Janet

Janet Report 5 Mar 2004 20:55

Hi, her name was Alice Mary Needham, she was born between 1859/68!!! She married John Havercroft in Barnetby le Wold in 1890. If she was illegit, would Needham have been har fathers name, or would she have had her mothers name? Thanks, Jan