Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Belfast address ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidney

Sidney Report 3 Mar 2004 13:09

In 1918 was this a nursing home or a private residence? J Mahood 51 Lisburn Road. This is where my father was born and the name does't seem to fit in. Can anyone from Belfast put me right. Sid Forte

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 3 Mar 2004 13:38

Sid Belfast City Hospital is located at the address. So he was born in a HOSPITAL lol : ) Much happiness Debi

Sidney

Sidney Report 3 Mar 2004 15:00

Hi Deborah, Thanks for the Info. Its just that my father was orphaned at an early age and I have just recieved a copy of his birth certificate and the informant of the birth was a J Mahood occupier of 51 Lisburn Road which made it seem to be someones home. The other address mentioned was 12 Grovefield Street. Thanks again Sid. ps. Anymore Info and you could E Mail at [email protected]

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 3 Mar 2004 20:00

Re Grovefield Street : http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~jeanmccarthy36/census_street_ormeau.htm Maybe of interest in your research : )