Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Putting Messages on Message Boards

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Babilula

Babilula Report 2 Mar 2004 18:49

To make messages clearer and more relevant on Trying to Find Boards, it is better to put name, approximate year and place on the first line. I think many of us tend to give up when there are several pages for one name and we have to wade through them all, if they are not time or area specific. Just a thought!!

Linda from Murton

Linda from Murton Report 2 Mar 2004 19:49

Excellent suggestion. Think this should appertain to other boards too. "Help needed" in the subject heading doesnt give any indication of the problem. If County, possible date and name could be included it would make it much quicker for those of us who want and are willing to help. Happy hunting. Linda

Rider9

Rider9 Report 3 Mar 2004 21:55

just a couple of queries. What does the message mean when people write 'nudge'? Also, if you reply to someone's message and then cannot check the boards for a few days how do you stop it from getting lost in the traffic of new messages? Its such a busy site (great one though) that I find it time consuming to search through the message headers trying to find the one I had responded to.... Thanks for any advice (and thanks Linda for your help the other day in trying to find one of my ancestors) Tyne

Rider9

Rider9 Report 4 Mar 2004 20:41

Thanks very much!! Much appreciated...

Crista

Crista Report 4 Mar 2004 21:08

Why not add the message to your favourites on your browser? Makes it a lot easier to find and you don't have to worry about message ID numbers. If you go to the relevant board, right click on the message title and select "add to Favourites". It will be saved with the appropriate title. Crista