Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

where can i view census's?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 2 Mar 2004 12:14

hi i have access to the 1871 and 91 census's on ancestry, and the 1881 on family search, but i see people looking up 1861's and 51's etc and wondered if anyone can tell me which sites these and other years census's can be viewed on? thanks julie

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 2 Mar 2004 12:26

Julie As far as I am aware these are not on a site but have been purchased on cd's. This site of course has wonderful people (what would we do without them) who will offer to do a look up. Pat

Geoff

Geoff Report 2 Mar 2004 12:53

Glos 1851 is online http://www.rootsweb.*com/~cotswold/GLSontheweb.htm (remove *)

Margaret

Margaret Report 2 Mar 2004 20:29

Julie Dont forget that the 1871 on Ancestry has only just started. It only contains London, Middlesex, Worcestershire and Shropshire for England. As well as Channel Islands and Wales. Margaret

Janet

Janet Report 4 Mar 2004 22:20

Hi Julie, You can view the censi at the Family Records Centre in Islington, London or at your nearest LDS records office. They will, for a small fee, order the census or parish records that you need and you can view them for a couple of weeks. Only the 1881 and 1851 (which is being transcribed as we speak) are on line. Jan from Gravesend, Kent.