Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Armed Forces Parish Registers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kevin

Kevin Report 1 Mar 2004 21:05

My sister was baptised in a church on a RAF camp that was for the use of Armed Forces Personnel, the local village had their own church about a mile away. I was wondering whether Armed Forces churches kept records of BMD in the same way as other churches did in the 18 and 19 century. Or did the personnel use the local church for these things.

Keith

Keith Report 1 Mar 2004 22:38

Kevin. BMDs don't include Baptisms. The Church records should, when full, have been lodged in the Record Office of the County concerned, I think. Regards. Keith