Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

hospital deaths ? (RESOLVED)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Mar 2004 13:39

Does anyone know if it's possibly to find out from a hospital the details of someone who died there ? I'm trying and failing to find a death for my grandfather, I don't know when he died (although have narrowed it down to a period of about 5 years), but haven't found a death for him on 1837online. I do know though that he died in Northampton hospital - is there a way to examne their records ?

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 1 Mar 2004 14:59

Paul. . . . . Have you thought of geting in touch with the locial Funeral Directors within the Northampton Area close to the Hospital ? MIKE.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Mar 2004 15:05

Mike, good idea. It was about 20 years ago though, so not sure of the best approach. Is not a major issue, would just be nice to know when he went.

Janice

Janice Report 1 Mar 2004 16:21

Deaths from 1984 to 2002 are on Ancestry. Was the death in this range? Janice

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Mar 2004 16:24

No, I don't think so... between 1977 and 1982 I think, my Dad retired in 1982 and he's sure he was at work still, remembers being there when he was told his Father in Law was dead. I'm a member of Ancestry anyway, am sure I've already searched.

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Mar 2004 18:48

Many thanks to Nesta who did another scan of 1837online and found the missing record for me (incorrectly spelt surname).