Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deleting relations when find out different link

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

zoe

zoe Report 29 Feb 2004 10:46

Hi all hoping someone can help me out, I have made some assumptions in my tree which I have now found are incorrect and I need to change some relationships on my gc tree, I thought were brothers but actually each father was brother so cousins am i correct in saying only way of changing this is to delete and re-enter the info?? Trouble is they have children and grandchildren so only way is to delete grandchildren then children then parents to then re-enter them all?!?!?! And what is worse when I start to do this as soon as deleted one individual it takes me back to the home page so I then have to go to Your names and select the name and then select the individual to delete every single time?!?!? I have to do this for over 50 individuals?!??! HELP! zoë

Valerie

Valerie Report 29 Feb 2004 11:02

Hi Zoe I think that is the only way to take out the names by starting with the grandchildren and working your way back. It does take you back to your home page after each one, and I wish that GC would change this so you go back to the name your dealing with. So untill they do it looks as though you will have to keep going through your names 50 time, but you will get there. Good luck Valerie

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 29 Feb 2004 11:39

zoe ive got the same problem!!! only i have got a lot of people with the same names so hence ive now got sons married to their mums and daughters married to their dads!! i think the easiest way for me is to delete the whole tree and re-enter over 300 names..grrrrr!!! im getting in too much of a muddle by deleting one at a time susie

zoe

zoe Report 1 Mar 2004 10:18

Thank you guys that what I thought, why oh why cannot gc change it so it goes back to names list to carry on deleting. malcolm I thought about doing that but on my own tree on pc having living people don't want to add to gc tree so either way i have delete people! Oh well looks like i'm in for a long session today then!?!?! zoë

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 1 Mar 2004 10:44

GC have a thread running on the Guest Book for our suggestions - I think it's been running since last week but goes off TODAY! nip over and add your thoughts now! Sue

zoe

zoe Report 1 Mar 2004 10:49

Thanks Sue will do However did find a bit of a shortcut for doing this, when on the individual whose children need to delete copy the address from the browser bar and then once deleted and it flips to the home page just paste the address back in and it takes you back to the individual, definitely quicker however would be much easier if gc corrected this to go back to the previous page rather than the home page! zoë