Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help from Wales Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 28 Feb 2004 13:07

GG Grandmother has put herself down as being born in Tenby in two censuses In a third she has put down Beggc(e)ley Wales. Can't find it on the map. If you can find it, is it near Tenby? Thank You Lynda

Kim

Kim Report 28 Feb 2004 13:25

had a look on multimap think its probably BEGELLY a478/a477 near KILGETTY, near enough Tenby..... KIM

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 28 Feb 2004 14:37

Thank you Kim Yet another place to search! Lynda

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 28 Feb 2004 16:25

Karen I have found a Welsh site that answers all sort of questions, and in half an hour I have had 6 replies, telling me about the area offering to send me a map, asking me what I want to know, so, so friendly. They have told me the area is very beautiful. Hopefully someone will ask me there to stay for the weekend next!! Glad I have some lovely Welsh blood in me. Lynda

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 28 Feb 2004 16:51

Lynda Can you post the address of the Welsh site as I am in need of one myself! Glad you sorted your problem out. Thanks Linda

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 28 Feb 2004 17:02

Hi Lynda Here's the site I used http://www(.)walesindex(.)co.uk/mb/newtopic(.)html It isn't a genealogy site, just various topics. Lynda

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 28 Feb 2004 17:32

Thanks for that Lynda will take a look. Cheers Linda