Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with free bmd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 26 Feb 2004 19:50

Hi there, i have suscribed as a volunteer on the above site, but is there a quicker way in transfering the data they send you for your free membership. You see i am not the quickest of typers. Amanda

Oz Mozz

Oz Mozz Report 26 Feb 2004 21:02

Amanda; Freebmd do not have any membership. You volunteer to become a subscriber just because you do!! (I am a Scan 2 volunteer) Is it perhaps ukbdm you have signed up for? In answer to your question about other ways ...... No! Unless you know someone who is a super fast tpist and you can con them into doing it for you!! You will find that your typing speed improves the more you do. It really doesn't take too long. The one I am thinking of is transcribing a single card of about 6 or so entries. Is this the one you are doing? Speed is usually not the essence in transcribing ....... accuracy is. Good luck Sonja