Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ordering irish birth cert - no maiden name

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 24 Feb 2004 14:51

I've just downloaded the form on groireland website to order a birth certificate. I've had to translate it from Doc to plain text in order to read - and it's all gobbledegook. Do I *have* to know the nothers maiden name or, if I order knowing the exact birthdate and full name of the child should I get a result?

Belle56

Belle56 Report 24 Feb 2004 14:59

Hi Zoe, I may be wrong but i did read a thread a while age which stated if you know name, date of birth, and fathers name, you could send to Dublin for a cert, I'm sure if that's not right someone will correct me. Hope this helps. April.

Zoe

Zoe Report 24 Feb 2004 15:02

cheers for that April. I'm not 100% on the fathers surname - but I should get that from my grans marriage cert anyway - which she was kind enough to do in England :o) now all I need to do is figure out how to pay them that new fangled irish money they're all using