Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Never Died!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 23 Feb 2004 14:41

Hi I would just like to say that my G/Grandfather never died because every single death I have looked at cannot be him. His name William Poole lived at Edmonton in 1881, had a son in 1889 and was dead by 1891. I am giving up altogether. Can't find out how old he was because he married in 1871 marraige cert. says he was 24,1881 census says he was 44. just had to have my moan thank you sticking to doing my husbands family much easier Margaret

Shirley

Shirley Report 23 Feb 2004 14:50

Hi Margaret Know exactly how you feel, but eventually solved mine, was searching for my grandfather JOHN WEATHERALD DEAN FOUND A JOHN WENTWORTH DEAN, AGE AND OCCUPATION WERE WRONG BUT THE ADDRESS OF DEATH WAS RIGHT, SO MUST HAVE BEEN HIM. HE WAS EVEN INTERRED INTO THE FAMILY PLOT UNDER THE WRONG NAME, LETS HOPE HE IS THE RIGHT ONE. EVEN DEATH CERTIFICATE HAD WRONG NAME ON. SO THERE IS HOPE YET, PLOD ON SHIRLEY

Mystified

Mystified Report 23 Feb 2004 18:28

You are lucky lol I have lost the deaths of my gggrandad, his wife and 2 children. They have to be there but can I find them. Checked deaths from 1871 to 1891 and all different spellings.

Caroline

Caroline Report 23 Feb 2004 19:05

Why are things never easy??? I'm still trying to sort out my grandfather's father who apparently died in 1892 aged 29 but grandad was born in 1908!!!!!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Feb 2004 20:35

Oh dear.. I have a similar problem - a grandfather who's death I can find no record of. My mother wasn't awar he'd died until "a little while later" as they'd been estranged a long time and she was an only child. We've guessed that it was between 1977 and 1985, she can't recal more specifically. There is no gravestone for me to look at (he'd been buried a while before she knew about it) and I've searched through 1837online for the period in question and can't find anything (although I'm aware that 1837 finishes in 1883 (?). Furstrating isn't it ?

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 23 Feb 2004 20:41

Paul you can search after 1983, have mailed you Shelli