Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WARING - BOULTON marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 22 Feb 2004 11:26

I am looking for the family and husband of ELIZABETH WARING b. 1861 in Longton Stoke on Trent I think her parents are ELIZABETH WARING Chr. 13th Nov 1864, Fa. PHILIP Mo. ELIZABETH this has been my brick wall for ages now and I would like to get through it if possible. I need Elizabeth's marriage certificate or at least look at the parish registers to confirm her fathers name, she was married to my great granddad Frederick BOULTON, but so far cant get the marriage certificate, I have been to the registrars in Hanley, and looked through the archives, have given them all the information I have but still I am something wrong because they say its the wrong certificate so I am at a brick wall that has been there for years now, I am at a loss to what to do next. Two certificates later I am at a loss, but pining my hopes on the http://www.staffordshirebmd.org.uk site that I am transcribing for. I have the mothers name as WARING on my grandmothers birth certificate could you please send them my way to ease my headache of bashing it on this wall, thanks so much, Pam

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 8 Apr 2005 22:21

Hi Pamela I don't know if I have understood you correctly so forgive me if you have already done this. Try again for the marriage cert, but giving only 'Elizabeth' as the brides name and omitting her fathers name altogether. It may be that unknown to you, she was using a different name at the time of her marriage and the Registrar will not issue a certificate that does not match with ALL the information you give. Less is more sometimes! BTW, I am intrigued - what records did the Registrar let you look at? I have never known Register Offices to make any records available to look at, and I have been to quite a few! Where did you get your info for Elizabeth's baptism? It could be wrong. Hope this helps and doesnt hinder. Marjorie

Mark

Mark Report 8 Apr 2005 23:46

could this be the family in 1871 phillip wareing age 35 born worton elizabeth wareing age 32 born longton elizabeth wareing age 15 born longton albert e wareing age 6 joseph wareing age 4 edith wareing age 1 alice wareing age 1mth civil parish stoke upon trent address 26 john street