Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

really stuck, please help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 21 Feb 2004 14:52

Where do i go from here i have a marriege certificate for John lambert davison and Olive hardy, I thought if i could find who else lived at the address i would be able to find out his mothers name . John lambert lived at 16 elm street, chester le street, his dad was called john davison also. I belive he had a brother named jim and 2 sisters jenny and hanner. john lambert was 26 years in 1920 when he marriaged. also tells me he was a widower would be intresting to find his first wife.. Don't understand the census to well, especially the decoder.. I also have name of olive's dad and the address. I could really do with some help otherwise i may just give up. please..

Eileen

Eileen Report 21 Feb 2004 15:04

Hi Susan, I have looked on the decoder, and cannot find a john Davidson of about 7 years. There is one of three years of age in Runcorn Chester. Could this be him? The next thing you can try is to go to your local library look at the Birth index and look for all the John L Davidson's born around 1894 giving yourselve a few years either way. Once you have found this you can then send for his birth certificate. If you think he was born in Chester start with these ones on the index. regards Eileen in Portsmouth

Dawn

Dawn Report 21 Feb 2004 15:06

Susan Where have you been looking so far? Have you looked on free BMD for John's father's marriage? I'll try and help if I can. Regards Sarah.

Susan

Susan Report 21 Feb 2004 15:15

Can't look for his dad's marriage because i don't know his mothers name , although my grandad does seem to think both his grandmas were named mary, so her name was possible mary. I thought the name Davison wasn't very common but now i'm finding it to be.. Name was davison and not Davidson.

Susan

Susan Report 21 Feb 2004 15:31

think i may have found him , what do you think.... searched for john lambert davison it came back as census place as edmondsley, on marriage certificate his addres was chester le street but he was a widower so he may have moved out with his first wife.... when i searched again for any davison's in edmondsley found a few to link up, james (my granddad said it was jim, possibly same one) and thought mothers name was mary. there is a mary.. If this is the one or closest there is what do i do know is it possible to find birth certificate or marriage certificate.. for any..???