Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help needed again

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrea

Andrea Report 21 Feb 2004 14:05

sorry to bug you lot again but i so thick. my great grandfather george sayers born london maybe 1888 and died 1935-1937 in bristol well murdered by son i can not find nothing about the crime any help please would be welcome.

Emma

Emma Report 21 Feb 2004 14:36

Andrea, Left this info on your previous thread - the only George Sayers I could find born in London of approximately the right age on the 1891 census is: Eliza Sayers, head, mar, 41, charwoman, Sussex Hastings George Sayers, 3, London Brixton Pattie Sayers, 1, London Peckham at 14 Allington St. Brixton Lambeth and here he is in 1901: Grace Sayers, 12, London Brixton Eliza Sayers, 10, London Brixton Eliza Sayers, 51, Sussex Hastings, charwoman Daisy Sayers, 8, London Brixton Martha Sayers, 42, Sussex Hastings, laundress Geo Sayers, 13, London Brixton, printer reading boy Edwin Sayers, 16, London Brixton, general labourer Charles Sayers, 18, London Brixton, general labourer all on the same page of the schedule in Lambeth London The other names mentioned are obviously relatives as I've found them in 1891 as: James Sayers, head, mar, 34, general labourer, London Dulwich Martha Sayers, wife, mar, 32, Sussex Hastings Charles Sayers, son, 8, Brixton Edwin Sayers, son, 6, Brixton Grace Sayers, daur, 2, Brixton Eliza Sayers, daur, 9mo, Brixton at 3 Prague Street, Brixton, London Do you think this could be him? Emma.

Samantha

Samantha Report 21 Feb 2004 14:39

Hi Andrea My grandfather and three uncles (including my mums twin brother) were killed in a major road traffic accident. I contacted the local newspapers of that area by e-mail and they were all very prompt in their replies and either told me that they had found a copy of the report in their paper and arranged for me to receive a copy or referred me to the local studies centres etc were I could view a copy. I couldn't get to the area concerned and the studies centre searched for me and just sent me an invoice. I was lucky enough (not that there was much luck for my family involved) to know the exact date. I regularly read letters in my local Bournemouth newspapers of people trying to find information about past events and they also have a pull out each week with events from the past in them. May be worth a letter to the editor of papers in the Bristol area. Good luck in your research. Sam x