Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trouble with 1901 Census Decoder, can anyone pleas

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris

Chris Report 20 Feb 2004 19:11

My son downloaded the decoder and I have it on my desktop. I can access it and the search page comes up with additional buttons along the top. I think I need to do a search and then when I have the results and click on Process Search nothing happens except in the bottom left of the bar at the bottom it says process search complete. Am I doing something wrong? Also I can't actually see any batch numbers anywhere. Thank you in advance. Brummy Chris in Cheltenham

Anna

Anna Report 20 Feb 2004 19:19

After you click on process search,you need to click on the button next to it(show results)and it brings up the results in an excel document.you can then group individuals together by page number or person numbers,or you used to be able to ,but the Pro changed it so if you look for males and then females of the same surname,they do not always come up with consecutive numbers when you group them together Anna

Chris

Chris Report 20 Feb 2004 19:48

Thank you Anna, I think that button was greyed out, buy will give it a try. Thanks again. Chris

Mystified

Mystified Report 21 Feb 2004 08:49

Look on my web site, the memorabilia page, full instructions there with an example. John

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 21 Feb 2004 11:38

Plizz John, What your website? I not know it. Thank you. Bob

Jan

Jan Report 1 Mar 2004 07:33

Anna Im glad you said about the groupings mine used to do it then they didn't at least its not just mine then. How frustraiting! Jan x

Mystified

Mystified Report 1 Mar 2004 17:16

Sorry forgot to put it and PC has been down Worldzone.net/family/reddesktop Hope it helps. Instructions on memorabilia page