Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Charles 1871

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derek

Derek Report 20 Feb 2004 16:26

Looking for Charles aged 29 and Mary Bannock aged 24 in 1871, either Herts or Middlesex. I have 1881 info, but can anyone help on 1871, please. There would be a son, William,1 yr old. Thanks, Derek in France

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 20 Feb 2004 17:06

Hi Derrek I have looked on the 1871 name index for London and found a Mary D Bannock who was a visitor in Hoxton Hackney. She is unmarried age 25 and a Dress maker and born in the Isle of White. It's probably not her, but you never know. Piece number 456 folio 25a Lynda

Derek

Derek Report 20 Feb 2004 22:08

Many thanks, Lynda, about right age, but she was born Kinsbourne Gro (thats all) on 1881; No prob, another one to find a home for. Keep in touch and ta ever so, Derek

Crista

Crista Report 20 Feb 2004 23:13

Derek, Are you sure her name is Mary? On the 1881 census she is called Sarah. I think the family name might actually be Bonnick and not Bannock. There are listed as Bonwicks in 1901. Crista

Derek

Derek Report 21 Feb 2004 09:08

Thanks Crista, a family that has been a thorn for some time, I'm happy to accept your explanation, the subject has come up before with the name change. Great to hear from you, Derek in France