Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FRC Middle Names

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Georgina

Georgina Report 20 Feb 2004 02:02

If, for example a person appears on the 1881 census as Samuel J.B. Homewood, providing he was registered with two middle names, would the two middle names show on the birth indexes in full at the FRC. If they don't could they still show on the actual birth certificate. I am hoping to go to the FRC and a relative in Canada is trying to find out the middle names but doesn't as yet want to invest in birth certificate. There are four brothers all with two middle names. Georgina

Jane

Jane Report 20 Feb 2004 02:51

Georgina, It's highly likely the full names will appear on both the reference books (Registers) at the FRC and the birth certificate. Regs Jane

Georgina

Georgina Report 20 Feb 2004 03:04

Thanks Jane, cuts down the time spent looking. I will first just look for those listed with a middle name. Georgina

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 21 Feb 2004 20:13

Linda is correct - mostly the indexes seem to show two christian names in full followed by just initials for any third christian name. All should appear on the certificate in full. I presume this is purely due to space in the indexes - probably dating from when they were all handwritten. Maz. XX