Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 19 Feb 2004 22:16

Does anyone know where I can find information on the 1891 british census? Thanks Pauline

Christine

Christine Report 20 Feb 2004 14:38

Hi Pauline The 1891 British Census can be viewed on ancestry.com, but it is a subscription site, £30 for a quarter, but I think they are offering a two week free trial, and as long as you cancel within the time there does not seem to be a problem. Sometimes if you post details of who you are looking for on this site, kind people with subscriptions will do a look up. Good Luck. Brummy Chris in Cheltenham

Chris

Chris Report 20 Feb 2004 19:14

Hi Pauline It's Chris again, a friend has sighned up to ancestry for the free trial so if you give me details I will have a look for you. Brummy Chris in Cheltenham

Pauline

Pauline Report 20 Feb 2004 19:35

Hi Chris, I am looking for John boylan His wifes name was Mary they had 4 children John,Rose,thomas,and Timothy. They lived at 31 Traverse St. Parr St Helens Lancashire in 1881. Any information I would be very grateful for .John and Mary were born in Ireland but I cant find which county. Thanks for that--Pauline

Chris

Chris Report 20 Feb 2004 19:56

Hi Pauline Need some ages, how about them all, that is age in 1891 Chris

Pauline

Pauline Report 20 Feb 2004 20:12

hi chris the ages would be John 62, Mary 61, children, John,34,Rose,31,Thomas29,Timothy 22. Thank you very much Pauline

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 20 Feb 2004 20:17

Hi Pauline I have subscription to Ancestry and found the following: John Boylan age 66 and Mary Boylan age 51 in Blackburn, Lancs would this be them? Marilyn

Pauline

Pauline Report 20 Feb 2004 20:19

Thanks Marilyn, but my John boylan was 52 in 1881 and Mary was 51 they lived in St Helens then. thank you Pauline.

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 20 Feb 2004 20:23

Hi Pauline Marilyn again! Found another John Boylan age 60 with his daugher Rose Ann age 27 in Windle, Lancs. Marilyn

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 20 Feb 2004 20:29

Hi - me again Checked census image for John Boylan age 60 - he is listed as widower and born Ireland, his daughter Rose Ann is listed as born St Helens. Marilyn

Chris

Chris Report 21 Feb 2004 18:06

Hi Pauline So sorry I did not get back to you, but saw someone else had done a look up. John was a widow, a general labourer and it just said Ireland for where born. Rose Ann was given a ditto for Surname (Boylan) but was described as Married. There was a John Murray Son in law aged 28, married so this was probably Rose Ann's husband, he was born in Ireland as were all the following who were boarders and also labourers, Barney Knight 21, James Duffy 22, Partick Guanan? 20, Michael Hanan 20 and John Seary 23. The address was 17 Back Parr Street Windle. Brummy Chris in Cheltenham

Pauline

Pauline Report 24 Feb 2004 18:38

Thanks Marilyn and Chris, That was very helpful and I suppose the information could be relevant. Thanks to you both for your help. Pauline