Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MESSAGE FROM KEN MILTON

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 19 Feb 2004 19:54

please see below

Sharon

Sharon Report 19 Feb 2004 19:55

Dear friends, fellow relly hunters please do not dismay I have not fully left you, I think my e-mail gave the wrong impression, it was written while enraged. I do not have a problem with the amount GenesCONnected is asking, I actually believe that it is good value for those who want to subscribe, and I had intended to do so when my subscription to FriendsReunited expired, my objection is in the manner which this has been forced onto us, without notification and in opposition to their own Rules/ Terms and Conditions. I quote from Rule 23... " Changes to this Agreement. GenesConnected reserves the right to change this Agreement from time to time, and post the new version on the GenesConnected Service. When we do so, we will notify you of the fact that there are changed terms on the main screen , and the new version of these terms and conditions will take effect, and will govern all GenesConnected Services and your relationship with GenesConnected: - commencing four weeks after the date of posting (or such later date as GenesConnected indicates in the relevant posting), if any of the changes is to an operative provision of this Agreement which is capable of adversely affecting you; if you do not wish to be governed by the new version of the Agreement, you may notify us on or before the date when the new version of the Agreement is to take effect, and from that date you must cease to use the GenesConnected Service; or - immediately upon the date of posting (or such later date as GenesConnected indicates in the relevant posting), if the changes are not to operative provisions, or not capable of adversely affecting you - examples of which would include, without limitation, changes to one or more of GenesConnected's addresses or email addresses referred to in this Agreement. " ..which clearly states that changes to the Terms and Conditions will be notified on the MAIN SCREEN not in Help/FAQ as they said they have done. It requires four weeks notice of these changes (or a posted date) which again has not been complied with. Rule 2 has been changed to show that only upgraded members can use message boards For these reasons I will not now be subscribing to GC for the forseeable future, but will continue to monitor the Records board as I always have done, if you need help with an FRC look-up please send me an e-mail and I will let you know when I expect to go again. All those that have asked for look-ups I will try to get the information for you as soon as possible. Regards Ken Milton