Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

anyone with 1830 census?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 19 Feb 2004 19:22

Hi all, can anyone do a 1830 census lookup for me?i am looking for a Henry Dransfield,i have him on 1881 census as head of the family aged 51,living at Town Gate Yorks.He was born in Mirfield Yorkshire,i would like to find his parents and any siblings he may of had. many thanks, chris.

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Feb 2004 19:42

I think the earliest you can get is 1841, anything else is head counts. May be wrong so keep watching!

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 19 Feb 2004 20:28

Thanks Jo, i'll keep looking.

Valice in

Valice in Report 19 Feb 2004 22:59

I believe 1841 is the earliest census you will find, all the earlier ones were destroyed after they took the statistics from them. Val

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Feb 2004 00:51

Indeed 1801-1831 Censuses were only generally head counts, but for some parishes you might find earlier censuses taken by people like vicars, so always worth checking the records that are available for any particular parish. For instance, for Sandford, Devon there were parish censuses taken in 1790, 1793 and 1801. Boldre and Brockenhurst in Hampshire had one taken in 1817, again by the vicar. Hope this helps all looking for pre-1841 ancestors. Sue.