Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

past electoral rolls

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 19 Feb 2004 17:30

is it possible to find past electoral rolls anywhere? ie for the 1980's and/or 90's. im trying to trace if someone died within that time, cant find any record of death so i figure if i can get the rolls then if hes on one year and gone the next that might shed some light thanks julie

Geoff

Geoff Report 19 Feb 2004 19:58

I've looked at old ones in the County Archives/Record Office. Obviously doing the whole country every year is a much bigger task than a census every 10 years, so you'll not find anything online I'm sure. Your local Record Office should have a website - it'll probably tell you if they have them.

Sheila

Sheila Report 19 Feb 2004 23:52

you could also try www.1837online(.)com i know it costs a bit , but for recent deaths, you can enter each year, not each quater, so it shouldnt use too many credits and any not used can be used on future traces of birth or marriages.