Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1881 & 1891 census. Are they fully transcribed?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 19 Feb 2004 14:16

Hi All, Just wondering if the LDS and Ancestry have them fully transcribed? Thanks Naomi

Stan

Stan Report 20 Feb 2004 00:44

Yes, I think so, although of course with the inevitable errors due to illegible information on the original documents. Stan

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 20 Feb 2004 13:00

Cheers Stan.

Janet

Janet Report 20 Feb 2004 14:57

Not sure about the 1881, but the 1891 has pages of: Name: ?? ?? Place of Birth: ???? etc. etc. Jan

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Feb 2004 15:18

Dont about 1881 but 1891 definately isnt, but you can go through the untranscribed bits by area.

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 20 Feb 2004 17:00

Naomi Can Repeat watch for errors as I am looking into a possible error that has cost me alot of searching only to find I was looking for the wrong person. I am about to ask if anyone has the cd for 1881 to double check, the rellie I was looking for was on the 1881 born in Middlesboro and I have just found out she was born in Middleton Tyas --long story but it wil answer a lot of my queries. Regards Ann

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 20 Feb 2004 18:31

Thanks Ann, mine seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth! Naomi

Sandra

Sandra Report 20 Feb 2004 18:38

I was wondering about that like you naomi my hubbies rellies have appeared in 1841,51, still not found in 1861 or 71 or 1881 but low and behold a miracle 1891 and 1901 they have reappeared. but during the times they have vanished they have continued to procreate(big word) but some have birth registrations but not marriage some have marriage but nver born. guess it is what keepps us searching or is that madness not quite sure!! good luck sandra

Geoff

Geoff Report 20 Feb 2004 23:33

For all that anyone could posibly want to know about Middleton Tyas http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/NRY/Middletontyas/