Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I get rid of 'Contacted' next to names?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 19 Feb 2004 12:44

I know how to delete contact from 'Your Contacts', but does anyone know how to get rid of the red writing next to the names? Sarah

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 19 Feb 2004 12:48

I don't think you can

krimpers

krimpers Report 19 Feb 2004 12:48

dont think you can delete these, they are very good for your reference and it is only you who can see them as you are the one that contacted them i don't see them or any one else hope this helps you happy hunting!!!

Dawn

Dawn Report 19 Feb 2004 12:50

Appreciate your comments Shelli and Isabel. Regards Sarah.

Wendy Rita

Wendy Rita Report 19 Feb 2004 12:50

I have read your message, but still does not work, was told to go into internet options & delete, do you know about this. still trying. Wendy.

krimpers

krimpers Report 19 Feb 2004 12:52

wendy click on contacts then there is a delete there to get rid of your contacts hope this is what you meant!!!!!ok isabel

BrianW

BrianW Report 19 Feb 2004 12:55

Delete Contact does not work with some software systems or settings. I can't delete from my computer at home but I can from work.

krimpers

krimpers Report 19 Feb 2004 13:03

oh thanks for the info brian i did not know this how interesting hope wendy reads your reply maybe that is her problem!!!

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 19 Feb 2004 15:43

Sarah I think that you not only have to delete the contact from "your contacts" but the other person who you have just deleted must also delete you from their "your contacts" To do it one way only leaves the red "contacted" beside the names......I think ! Hope this helps Elaine x

Dawn

Dawn Report 19 Feb 2004 16:06

Thanks Elaine. You're a star!!! Regards Sarah.