Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CAN ANYBODY HELP...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 18 Feb 2004 11:29

HAVE A HAND WRITTEN COPY OF A MARRIAGE CERT THAT IS VERY HARD TO READ. MITCHELL KIRKALDY MARRIED ... ...JONES ON 21.10.1927- BACK ROW - ABERARGIE ABERNETHY PERTH. WOULD THERE BE A PARISH RECORD OF THIS MARRIAGE KEPT SOMEWHERE? IF SO HOW COULD I GET HOLD OF A COPY IN THE HOPE THAT I COULD READ THE CHRISTIAN NAMES OF ... ... JONES. I NEED TO KNOW HER FULL NAME TO CARRY ON MY RESEARCH. CAN ANYBODY HELP?

Vikki Brace

Vikki Brace Report 18 Feb 2004 11:46

Where did you get the marriage cert? If it was from the records office they should be able to shed some light on it, if not you could always try and get a birth cert for one of their children it should show the mothers full name

Janet

Janet Report 18 Feb 2004 18:22

Hi Paul, I don't know much about Scottish research but if they are anything like ours, there should be a records office that you can visit to get a copy. We have the Family Records Centre in London where they keep the ledgers of all the registrations. Jan from Gravesend, Kent.

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Feb 2004 00:27

It depend on where you got the copy from. If you downloaded it from the Scotlands People site then you can send them an email from their contacts page and they will get back to you with the details. The other thing you can do is to place a message of the discussion group board and give all the details and one of the members there will probably have a look for you and then give you the details. If that doesn't work then please get back to me and I will try and help you. Regards Margaret