Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Reigate Foreign?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 17 Feb 2004 22:39

It seems a branch of my family are from Surrey. On one of the certs it says Reigate Foreign. I also noticed this on a census. Does anyone know what this is? Cheers Naomi

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 17 Feb 2004 22:51

Naomi reigate is certainly a town in Surrey just south of the M25, but where the forgeign bit comes in I have no idea Shelli

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 17 Feb 2004 23:00

Thanks Shelli, I live in Epsom not far from Reigate but I've never heard of Reigate Foreign. I wandered what it meant. Naomi x

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 17 Feb 2004 23:02

sorry naomi i just realised that you had SW london after your name!!! I'm the other side of sutton in wallington. am sure someone will know the answer of at least point you in the right direction Shelli

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 17 Feb 2004 23:09

Ah Shelli, I put SW London as that's where I'm from and where my heart will always be. I lived in Beddington and Cheam Village though before moving to Epsom coz I can't afford to live in London anymore. I might go and check at the library on Saturday and see if they have anything. Naomi

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 17 Feb 2004 23:14

Ah i know beddington very well - just down the road and i also know cheam weel as i used to live in worcester park before wallington

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 17 Feb 2004 23:17

Naomi go into google and type "reigate foreign" just as i have ther and loads come up including one for freecen..... place Reigate comprising of Betchworth , Redhill , Reigate Borough , Reigate Foreign . so it looks like an area of reigate what do you think??? Shelli xx

Monica

Monica Report 17 Feb 2004 23:23

Reigate was split into Reigate Borough and the part of it outside the Borough- Reigate Foreign