Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP TRYING TO FIND MARRIAGE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 17 Feb 2004 14:50

PLEASE HELP ME ARTHUR RENSHAW-DISTRICT OF CHESTERFIELD-1911 WIFE DIED IN 1918-NO NAME I HAVE FOUND HER DAUGHTER WHO NOW IS IN HER 90'S & WOULD LOVE TO KNOW HER MOTHERS NAME THANKS DIANE

Gerry

Gerry Report 17 Feb 2004 14:55

Hi Di There you are. To be frank I have no idea how to help, being relatively new, but I am sure someone will have some suggestions. Good luck Gerry

Diane

Diane Report 17 Feb 2004 14:59

THANKS GERRY

Margaret

Margaret Report 17 Feb 2004 15:01

Diane Write to the local registrar in Chesterfield. addresses are on www(.)genuki(.)co(.)uk remove brackets. I take it you know when the year of the marriage? You dont need the codes when ordering from a local office, but you can tell them the quarter and year. You have the name of the groom, you dont need the wifes name to order the cert. Enclose a cheque for £7 and an SAE If they dont find it they will send you a full refund, unlike the GRO where you will only get a partial one Margaret

Diane

Diane Report 17 Feb 2004 15:04

LESLEY YES I BELIEVE IT WAS 1911 DIANE

Kevin

Kevin Report 17 Feb 2004 15:04

Just read the last reply but ill add what i have found anyway. I looked on 1837 online com and found this Arthur Renshaw District - Chesterfield Volume- 7b Page - 1660 June Quarter 1911 This is all you need to order a certificate as mentioned in previous messages

Gerry

Gerry Report 17 Feb 2004 15:06

Di What did I say. We have both learnt something. Thanks

Diane

Diane Report 17 Feb 2004 15:09

You was right Gerry,everyone is so helpful,just has well cos I still have loads of empty branches Di

Gerry

Gerry Report 17 Feb 2004 15:17

Di Fun though isn't it. I was able to help someone last night but it took hours coz her people had changed name (or the transcribers had got it wrong) between cencus. It was worth the effort to come up with answer! Gerry

Kevin

Kevin Report 17 Feb 2004 15:26

Dear Diane, Been on 1837 online again and looked at deaths for 1918 in the Chesterfield area below is what i had found. Ada Renshaw age 21 DISTRICT Derby VOL 7b PAGE 372 Sept Qtr 1918 (unlikly cos of her age at marriage would be 14) Dora F Renshaw age 26 DIS Chesterfield VOL 7b PAGE 1725 Dec Qtr 1918 Mary E Renshaw age 27 DIS Mansfield VOL 7b PAGE 329 Dec Qtr 1918 I have only looked for 1918 and choose those names that came from the same area and of a young age. There were a couple of older women in their 40, 50+ that i didnt note. Kevin

Diane

Diane Report 17 Feb 2004 15:30

Thank You Kevin,thats really helpful, Diane

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 18 Feb 2004 15:36

If the daughter was born late 1911 or after, her birth registration on GRO index will show mother's maiden name. Knowing who she had married and roughly when, you should be able to cross reference and look for names and page numbers which match.Mother's full name will show as marrying the known husband.