Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP-TRYING TO FIND MARRIAGE IN TORONTO 1912

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rus&

Rus& Report 16 Feb 2004 11:37

Hi, I am trying to find the marriage of my G/Grandparents in toronto in 1912,I have a newspaper clipping of my G/gran saying that she was emigrating to toronto to meet my G/gdad and marry him as she had promised before he went out to canada that once he was settled she would join him. thanks kaz

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Feb 2004 11:54

Thanks to info I received this morning from Barbara Rose, you should be able to get if from here - The Archives of Ontario 77 Grenville Street Toronto ON M7A 2R9 Attn: Vital Statistics Reference Archivist or: Telephone the Vital Statistics Hot Line at (416) 327-1593 I'm sure they will have a web site somewhere. Regards Margaret

Sandra

Sandra Report 17 Feb 2004 03:28

The site for Ontario archives is: http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/ Hope this helps Sandra in Ontario

Sandra

Sandra Report 17 Feb 2004 03:41

Kaz What were the names of your g/grandparents?If I get to my local library this week I may be able to find the index for the marriage. If we can then cross-reference it to the LDS Church numbers you would be able to order the microfiche/film through your local branch of the church. Sandra in Ontario

Rus&

Rus& Report 17 Feb 2004 08:54

Hi margaret and sandra, Thank you both for the advice and website addy's. The marriage i am looking for is between the following people-- Stanley Harrison(born in england) and May Summers(her given name was Mabel Mary) but known as May.I believe they married as soon as May arrived in canada--so it would be after june 1912. Any help would be a godsend thanks kaz