Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what will i find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 15 Feb 2004 21:54

I have done all of my research up to now on the internet, this week i am branching out to my local history shop. I know the census they have wont be any use to me but what im hopingh some one can tell me is what can i excpect to find from the other facilities. They are st Catherines index, registra general index, i.g.i and directories. If i know what i can look up then i will know what info to take with me. I am hoping it will help me get over my traumatic weekend!

Mystified

Mystified Report 16 Feb 2004 17:25

Congratulations, now you are really going to enjoy genealogy and get really hooked. lol 1st go to my web site Worldzone.net/family/reddesktop there you will find on the btm. right a link........Newbies guide, it is long so save it and go back to it. Archive offices vary in what they store and what you can access so if it is not too far away from you, go with say just 2 searches in mind. Just so you get a feel for it ie don't try to do too much at once. Ask for help if you need Good Luck