Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How to get a Canadian Marriage Certificate?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Georgina

Georgina Report 15 Feb 2004 21:04

Can anyone tell me how I go about doing a search and then hopefully getting a marriage certificate online for someone in Canada. The person in question would have gone from England to Canada in 1943 and then married out there a Canadian soldier. Georgina

Barbara

Barbara Report 15 Feb 2004 22:23

Hi Georgina, All the provinces in Canada do their own administration of Births, Deaths and Marriages. You would really need to know which Province before you could proceed. there isn't too much online especially for that recent. If you find out it is Ontario I can send you the site to apply for the certificate. All the best in your search. Barbara

Georgina

Georgina Report 16 Feb 2004 00:25

Hi Barbara, Thanks for that. Unfortunately all I know is that she went to Canada in 1943 with a daughter and married a Canadian soldier so as to province I have no idea. I'll keep looking. Georgina