Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone help with Ancestry look up?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 15 Feb 2004 20:39

Just wondered if anyone could help. I'm in my final stages of research before taking the plunge with the Ancestry trial and wondered if anyone could do a look up for me. Can't find my great-granny's marriage registered on 1837online and wanted to see if it's on Ancestry before taking a trip to the records centre to get the index numbers. Details are: William Bales Clarke married Sarah Edna Allen Yardy xmas 1907. Probably Norfolk - Norwich, St benedict ?? Will be most grateful if anone can help. Thanks Karen.

Sandi

Sandi Report 15 Feb 2004 20:52

Ancestry has the same data as freebmd. You would be better buying some credits on 1837 Online. This has all the indexes up to 2001.

Angela

Angela Report 15 Feb 2004 20:52

Hi Karen I'm not an expert at looking things up, but do have an Ancestry subscription (one off - would not repeat as I am disappointed with coverage given the cost). I searched on both William Clrke and Edna Yardy. I could not find much - an entry for a William Clarke marriage in 1892 Hoxne Norfolk/Suffolk, but nothing on spouses name. Also a record of death of an Edna Yardy on 14 March 1913 in Doncaster South Yorks - no further details. Nothing for the marriage date you mentioned. To be honest, I don't find Ancestry any better than freebmd for looking up births marriages and deaths - it uses the same info as freebmd I think. I could not see much else on site for these names. Maybe someone else might have better luck. Angela

Karen

Karen Report 15 Feb 2004 21:54

Thanks Sandi + Angela, I checked freeBMD with no luck either. I can only hope that these records are incomplete and I'll have better luck at the records centre. My granny (who is 95 today and sharp as a cookie) is sure the information is right. Cheers, Karen