Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bad taste?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derek

Derek Report 14 Feb 2004 21:18

Is it bad manners to ask about Terry Blackburn in Gibralter, what has happened to him, have not seen his name on the boards for ages, his military knowledge is missed, regards to all, Derek in France

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 14 Feb 2004 21:25

Derek No I don't think it bad manners, after all he may well be pleased you have contacted him.If he isn't then I assume he wouldn'y reply. Good Luck if you do. Lynda

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Feb 2004 21:28

I've seen someone posting as Name 'on the Rock'. Could that be him? Can't recall the Name tho' Pauline

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Feb 2004 03:37

Hi Derek, If you enter Terry Blackburn in the Quick Search to the right, 3 entries come up. Two are to email other people about a person of that name, and the third one, born in 1972 is to email Terence Blackburn jr himself, so I would assume that's him, and try emailing him. He would probably be very pleased to have someone enquiring about him. Good luck, Di.

Judy

Judy Report 15 Feb 2004 05:37

I agree with Lynda and Di....I'm sure he would be pleased to know you were thinking of him....how could one consider that to be in bad taste? I know I would be flattered to receive an e-mail knowing, first that you noticed I hadn't been around and second, the fact that you cared enough to check up on me! Judy:)

Terence

Terence Report 15 Feb 2004 08:13

Hi Derek & averyone else. I am indeed flattered !!!! I've not been away though. In fact I posted a reply here yesterday and always check GC on a daily basis. Thanks once again for your concern. That's what makes GC such a good site. Best wishes to all Terry on the Rock

Derek

Derek Report 15 Feb 2004 09:24

Morning Terry, looks like I started a hornets nest, you have to have changed your name, and this dinosaur didn't kop to it. However I visited the rock in Jan, tried to find your tel no. from along the costa where we had a 3 week break from France, but to no avail. So instead we visited the shops including Safeways, bought a camera that frightens me, and had fish and chips in the "ropery"square? Not bad, better than nowt.Hey, we'll be back next Xmas, don't go away, best wishes, Derek in France

Terence

Terence Report 15 Feb 2004 09:41

Morning Derek Hope you enjoyed your visit to Gib. email me before you come at the end of the year and we can arrange to meet up for a drink & chat. Best wishes from me & the monkeys !! Terry

Terence

Terence Report 15 Feb 2004 17:48

Hiya Viv, how's things. Also hallo to Shirley up in Raskelf, Yorks, Russell, Dawn and all the other GC members who have been helping me out with my tree over the last few months. Good luck to all of you with your research. Terry

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Feb 2004 22:47

Hi Terry! I don't even know you, but this is why I love GC! It's good to know you're missed isn't it! Bye Eleanorxx