Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Collective noun for Genealogists

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gerry

Gerry Report 14 Feb 2004 12:26

Is there a collective noun for Genealogists? My wife came up with a number, most of which I could not repeat, as she doesn't see much of me now I have discovered this fun, fascinating and very frustrating pastime! The only one I can print is "a (con)census of Genealogists" Gerry

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 14 Feb 2004 13:46

How About a Quandary of genealogists Quandary "A state of difficulty or perplexity; doubt; uncertainty." Bob

Kim

Kim Report 14 Feb 2004 13:56

HOW about a curiousity of genealogists.

Lynne

Lynne Report 14 Feb 2004 15:34

I think that a "confusion of genealogists" sounds about right, well it certainly applies in my case. lynne

Gerry

Gerry Report 14 Feb 2004 22:22

Think I might go with "confusion". Ta Gerry

Janet

Janet Report 14 Feb 2004 22:44

A research of genealogists. Jan

Annie

Annie Report 14 Feb 2004 23:46

How about a 'generation'? Alternatively, an 'impoverishment' ........ or a 'never ending story' xx Ann xx

Robert

Robert Report 15 Feb 2004 00:01

A TOMBSTONE of genealogists.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 15 Feb 2004 00:06

a forest of genealogists, full of family trees. liz

Oz Mozz

Oz Mozz Report 15 Feb 2004 02:55

An "archive" of genealogists? I like confusion or consensus.

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Feb 2004 04:07

How about a pedigree of genealogists, or a divorcement of genealogists, or a negligence of genealogists? Di,

David_Vickers

David_Vickers Report 15 Feb 2004 08:41

Di beat me to "Pedigree" so how about a "Family", "Register", "Index" or "Archive" of genealogists? David

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Feb 2004 08:54

What about " A Pack of Backtrackers" Bob

Oz Mozz

Oz Mozz Report 15 Feb 2004 11:50

One of the more repeatable and nicer things my DH calls my geno is "Ghostie Gathering"! When I troop off to a night time session with the FHC he tells anyone who might telephone for me that I am at a coven!! Hmph!

Janet

Janet Report 15 Feb 2004 11:59

I think of all the above, my preferences are: 1. A Family of Genealogists 2. A Forest of Genealogists. Jan

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 15 Feb 2004 12:01

Yes, I like 'Family' too - cos all of us on here are like a big, happy one .... ! Maz. XX