Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How long are tips on screen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 14 Feb 2004 10:13

Can anyone tell me how long the messages are on the screen for and can you print any of them. Sorry to sound so dumb but i found Theresa from Cork and she has such a lot of good information about irish sites but i am afraid that i will not get everthing written down before it is removed. She is a real winner and seems incredably nice.

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Feb 2004 10:20

Hi Ann, What I do if I see a tip that I want to keep or print, I copy and paste it onto a Word document. I have a file called useful tips. These tips can be gone quite quickly so the best thing to do if you want to get back to one is to take a note of the message number which you will find on your address bar at the top. This message is number 564144. If you wanted to get back to that message at a later date then you would change the message number on the address bar to get to the one that you want. Hope that makes sense. Regards Margaret

Gerry

Gerry Report 14 Feb 2004 12:15

Thanks Margaret - Very useful. Its amazing what you don't notice. Gerry

Sheila

Sheila Report 14 Feb 2004 12:57

hi ann. Looks kike the number you want is 463593 second page of tips messages, just checked because i could do with some info from here too. Thanks margret i always wondered when people refered to ref nos how to find them.

Judy

Judy Report 14 Feb 2004 17:01

To save tips right to your computer, where you can than save or print them out, do this: 1. Bring up a blank Word document on your screen and minimize the screen. 2. Go back to the screen online where you want to copy information from. Place your mouse in front of the first word of the material to be copied, click down on your mouse and while keeping the mouse clicked down, drag your mouse across and down the words or page to be copied and then release the mouse. The area should now be highlighted. 3. Place your mouse over the highlighted area and RIGHT click. 4. A drop down box will appear. Click on COPY. 5. Now bring up on your screen, the blank Word document. 6. Place your mouse at the top of the page and RIGHT click. A drop down box will appear. Click on PASTE. The information you "copied" from the internet is now "pasted" in the Word document which you can now save to your computer. Judy :)