Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sugestions for a name to search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kevin

Kevin Report 14 Feb 2004 04:27

I am looking for my Great great Grandfather RICHARD ELISHA HUTTON born c1850 in London, Westminster,(according to the 1901 census he was a labourer and unlikely to have money, older family members have said that he moved the family around a lot in London looking for working and it is unlikely that they would have gone abroad. his wifes name is Mary Ann Jane or Mary Jane Ann and about the same age) on the LDS 1881 census. surnames i have tried are as follows: Hutton, Hatton, Hetton, Huton, Haton, Heton, Hullon, Hulon, Mutton, Mulon, Mullon, Nullon, Nutton, Utton, Otton, Lutton, Luton, Gutton, Glutton, Gullon, Swap all the " o " for " e" and start the list again. any suggestions will be appriciated. I am unable to find his birth or marriage index and am trying to track down his parents.

Shirley

Shirley Report 14 Feb 2004 06:37

I have some Huttons in my family. Someone found them for me under HULTON. Have you tried that. My John Hutton was a costermonger aand married a widow Mary Ann Abbott and they lived Camberwell. Hope you find them Dont give up. Shirley

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 14 Feb 2004 06:56

hi kevin my gt grandfather on my mums side was john hatton born in camberwell in 1891 he was transcribed as john watton his father was richard hatton susie

Shirley

Shirley Report 14 Feb 2004 07:00

Susie We could be related. I am off to work but will check it out later. Shirley

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 14 Feb 2004 11:38

shirley wouldnt that be exciting!!!! you wouldnt believe how long it took me to find john:( never mind i got there in the end...lol susie

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 14 Feb 2004 11:47

Kevin - could I suggest Hootton (and perhaps with just one t) Just a thought. Jacqui

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 14 Feb 2004 13:00

Try leaving out the surname and going for Richard born 1850 +/- 2 years in the relevant area, with a spouse named Mary.