Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where is Docking?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Aileen

Aileen Report 11 Feb 2004 14:30

Hi there, I've been trying to locate my g.grandfather Robert Armstrong BONE on the 1837 under 'births' between 1859-61. According to other info he came from the Portsmouth area. Have found a Robert Bone registered in Docking (Vol 4b) in 1860...could this be him or am I miles away? Thanks in anticipation Aileenx

Anna

Anna Report 11 Feb 2004 14:32

Hiya Aileen Docking 4b,is Norfolk Anna

Aileen

Aileen Report 11 Feb 2004 14:34

Oh thanks Anna....guess I'll have to keep hunting. Aileenx

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Feb 2004 14:40

I'd heard of a "Docking Station" Thought it was to do with a laptop though ;-)

Diane

Diane Report 11 Feb 2004 15:01

Hi Aileen, You asked where Docking was it is in Norfolk not far from Heacham. My partner's sister lives there. Hunstanton is another place near hand, just alongside the The Wash part of the North Sea. Lovely and flat with beautiful scenery. My partner Graham was born in Ingoldisthorpe, between Snettisham and Dersingham, now are you lost? When doing your genealogy if possible have a road atlas at the ready, it comes in jolly handy. The person you are looking for just maybe him, they did move around a lot in those days. Best wishes from Diane.

Kim

Kim Report 11 Feb 2004 15:06

I always check areas on multimap. That is quite useful. KIM

Diane

Diane Report 11 Feb 2004 15:20

HI again Aileen, I have found 10 Robert Bones altogether. Some are in Norfolk including the one you found in Docking, others are from Devon/Hampshire/Leeds/South Shields N.East/ and Combs in Suffolk. I have printed them all off if you wanted them. Regards Diane........

Aileen

Aileen Report 11 Feb 2004 16:00

Thanks everyone for your info and advice:0) Diane, just to let you know that I've emailed you I've emailed you Aileenx

Julie

Julie Report 12 Feb 2004 10:19

Hi Aileen Docking is a place in Norfolk where people from surrounding villages are registered there