Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Record Time?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Feb 2004 12:58

I gave a friend a birth index ref for her grandfather that I printed off of ancestry yesterday and as the person was born locally today she went into the local registry office to order the certificate, To her surprise the registrar did the certificate there and then!! This has got to be a record!

Anna

Anna Report 11 Feb 2004 13:09

Hiya Sue, when I want certificates for people in Sunderland,I send my mum off to the civic centre and they normally do them for her while she waits,better than waiting ages for them to arrive in the post Anna

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 11 Feb 2004 13:12

most of dads side come from wycombe so i went to the local office to get the certs. they also done them while i waited:))

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 11 Feb 2004 13:32

Unless it is a Saturday, by law I don't think they can refuse to do them when you go in person. Ros

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Feb 2004 13:56

That is interesting Ros, I will have to give my mother a list when she go's to Norwich next and see what happens.....