Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

where do I look after 1901 ???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lesley

Lesley Report 11 Feb 2004 10:00

found info about a family I was looking for in the 1901 census, but no idea where to look to find out what happened to them after this :S ?? any suggestions ??

Shirli

Shirli Report 11 Feb 2004 10:14

Hello - I too am looking for any boards after 1901. I know the census are only released every 100 years which is daft. But I expect they have their reasons for doing that but it does'nt help us. I've hit a massive brickwall. Good luck with your research - Shirli

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Feb 2004 12:18

Post office directories? This site seems a bit unwieldy to me but try www historicaldirectories org Pauline

Amanda

Amanda Report 11 Feb 2004 13:35

If you suspect they still lived in the same area, after 1901, but just a different house, you could try going to the local library and searching through their electoral roll registers - or equivalent (my library has them back to the 1880s) ...this may give you a bit of an inkling... Amanda x

Lesley

Lesley Report 11 Feb 2004 13:46

Thank you all for replies & idea's but not easy for me I'm afraid, I'm living oversea's at the mo & wont be back in the uk till July and thats only for 2 wks :S, is there somewhere on line I can try ?? Lesley

Adelaide

Adelaide Report 13 Feb 2004 16:18

Try the links on this site for a start. I have only just started tracing my tree (1 month ago) but have already gone quite a way back. The 1881 census is available on two or three sites for a small fee- my favourite site is 1837online.com. good luck Della

Mary

Mary Report 13 Feb 2004 17:23

I've had the same problem trying to trace a marriage that occurred after 1901. I've drawn a blank with ancestry IGI and can't access FreeBMD due to Firewall. It's been suggested I try the library and hope they have records on Bedfordshire or Northamptonshire. I live in Lincolnshire so I'm not sure but it seems my only hope. Any other ideas ? Mary Brooke

George

George Report 13 Feb 2004 17:42

sources i've used are: electoral registers parish registers the internet

Mary

Mary Report 13 Feb 2004 17:47

Can Parish registers be accessed on the internet and which internet sites do you recommend. Also, when did the electoral roll begin ? The marriage I'm trying to locate would have been fairly early 1900's. Sorry for all these questions but I'm still finding my feet with this geneology stuff. Mary Brooke

Lianne

Lianne Report 16 Feb 2004 10:12

this thread could do with some answers so i'll give it a nudge - i'm lookin for similar info so maybe someone can help

Margaret

Margaret Report 16 Feb 2004 23:32

I am having same problem have spent untold searching every quarter of many years with no luck, I am looking for 3 marraiges so help would be appreciated on how to solve this riddle. Margaret