Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

for Zoe o'er the Border

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 10 Feb 2004 19:00

Zoe, What records for England does the History and Glasgow room hold? It would be far easier (and cheaper) than going down to London! Jean

Zoe

Zoe Report 11 Feb 2004 13:04

Jean sorry for not replying sooner. Only just saw your message when scanning the board. I've only used the Family History Room at the MItchell once before and it was a very quick visit. I spoke to the earlier this eek and they told me they hold English and Welsh BMD indexes on microfiche for 1837-2000. I would assume they have SCottish ones too. I'm going to try and get there this evening to have a look around and familiarise myself with what they have. The other alternative for Glasgow is the LDS centre on Julian Avenue, kelvinside - although I've yet to get an answer on the phone to find out when they're open Zoe