Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Windows Journal Viewer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 9 Feb 2004 19:03

I've done my updates * and have now got the above installed, thing is I hav'nt a clue what it is or what I do with it? I suspect that it is surplus to requirements! Any suggestions or comments... Sue, feeling silly in Sussex.

Judy

Judy Report 9 Feb 2004 20:10

This accessory enables users who do not have a computer running Microsoft® Windows® XP Tablet PC Edition to view files that were created in Microsoft® Windows® Journal on a Tablet PC. New Tools to Use with Your PC Content Updated: November 07, 2002 Windows XP Tablet PC Edition expands the Windows XP Professional platform to include software and utilities that capitalize on the tablet pen and speech capabilities of your Tablet PC. Use Microsoft Windows Journal to take notes in your own handwriting. Use Tablet PC Input Panel to enter text when you are away from or prefer not to use your keyboard. Just like the paper version, use Microsoft Sticky Notes to keep information you need handy on your desktop. Use Microsoft InkBall when you have a few minutes for a fun game or want to practice using your tablet pen. Windows Journal Windows Journal turns your Tablet PC into a digital writing pad that blends in easily enough to bring to meetings and is portable enough to let you take notes while standing or with the computer resting in your lap. There's no need to take notes on paper and then enter them into your computer at a later time. Windows Journal lets you enter information directly into your computer wherever you are and then use that information immediately. Windows Journal allows you to take digital notes in your own handwriting and store and manipulate them. You can also convert your handwriting to typed text for use in Windows Journal notes or other applications. You can easily search through your Windows Journal notes for keywords, and create and save drawings or graphics. You can read more about the Windows Journal Viewer at: http://www(.)microsoft(.)com/WindowsXP/tabletpc/evaluation/overviews/pctools(.)asp Don't forget to remove the brackets from the address! Judy

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 9 Feb 2004 21:06

Thanks for that Judy ~ What an amazing gadget but as I suspected almost certainly surplus to MY requirements ~ still you never know, when I get clever..... Sue.