Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

death look-up Stoke.T

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

eline

eline Report 8 Feb 2004 12:07

Hi, I have been on the freebmd site in the early hours of the morning and although busy was quite informative. I found an entry for the death of Jane Colclough 1890 in Stoke.T. My Gt. gt. gt. grandmother had this name and was born in Stockton 1813 so the age of death at 77 is right. The information I have from the site is "6b and 196" if this means anything to anyone. A look up would be much appreciated. Kindest regards, Jackie

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 8 Feb 2004 14:41

Hi, The reference you have is what is needed to buy the certificate. That's the only way to find out what is written on it. Gwynne

Gail

Gail Report 8 Feb 2004 14:42

Hi Jackie, That is the volume and page number needed to order a certificate, you need her name, then...... March quarter, 1890 volume. 6b. page. 196, hope this helps. Regards Gail.

Margaret

Margaret Report 8 Feb 2004 15:28

Jackie Stoke T is Stoke on Trent. 6b is Staffordshire Margaret

eline

eline Report 10 Feb 2004 06:27

Hi all, Thanks so much for your help. Regards, Jackie

Geoff

Geoff Report 10 Feb 2004 09:32

There's a Jane Colclough of about the right age (67) living in Stoke in the 1881 census, but she was born in Hanley, Staffs. Where is this Stockton of yours?

Ginny

Ginny Report 10 Feb 2004 23:12

There is a place in Stoke on Trent called Stockton Brook if that is of any use!

Ginny

Ginny Report 10 Feb 2004 23:12

There is a place in Stoke on Trent called Stockton Brook if that is of any use!