Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Canada

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 8 Feb 2004 09:43

My mother's given me a letter that was written to her father in 1957 by relatives who moved to Canada, Ontario. Of course, noone mentions surnames, well, they were all related! The only one is ALICE RUMBOLD who I think may possibly be a daughter of ALICE PEARCE who was born in Whitchurch Glamorgan in roughly 1880 and in my tree. I'd love to find them so if this rings any bells please get in touch. And can anyone tell me if there's a Canadian b4usearch equivalent?

Geoff

Geoff Report 8 Feb 2004 17:09

Hello Angela, Had a look on 1901 Census Wales and 1891 Census Wales for an Alice Pearce. 2 results but neither exact and you will need some verification, anyway this is what I found: Source 1901 Census-Wales Alice Pearce:- Born: Taffs Well, Glamorgan age 16yrs Occupation: Domestic Servant (Note:Taffs Well borders Whitchurch) No further details, but you can go to site and pay for further info from 1901 Census for England and Wales online. Source Ancestry.com.uk :- 1981 Cenus Wales 1 Cardiff Road, Llandaff (borders Whitchurch) William Pearce>Head< 28 yrs, Gardener-Born, Dorset Ellen Pearce>Wife< 22 yrs Rosalind? Pearce>Daughter< 8 yrs (?The names not clear) JW?? Pearce>Son< 6 yrs (??Only initials?? not cear) ALICE PEARCE>Daughter< 4yrs-Born, Cardiff, Glamorgan JE?? Pearce>son< 2 yrs (?? Again Initials not clear) Olive Pearce>Daughter< 1 month These are the onlt 2 records for an Alice Pearce for the dare given and no Alice Pembold (Wales) If not either of these, I wish you luck in your continued search. Geoff xx

Angela

Angela Report 8 Feb 2004 21:54

Bless you, Geoff, how kind you are to look those up. The first one may possibly be her. Perhaps she married later and went to Canada. I wonder if I'll ever find out.

Barbara

Barbara Report 8 Feb 2004 22:54

Hi Angela, Don't know if this what you are looking for (I'm not familiar with B4search), but www(.)411(.)ca, is the online phone lookup for current Canadian phone numbers. Hope you find what you are looking for. Barbara